Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Saints" Patricks Day

Both girls say "Saints" Patricks Day and have been excited for this day all week.  Since green is not a favorite color, (Shelby asked "Can we wear blue instead, I don't really like green") it took us a little bit to come up with some green.  Luckily Karlee had a shirt and I had some hair pretties that Shelby could wear...so it all worked out.  I think the thing they were looking forward to the most though, was the green food.  I got a little carried away last year with the green food coloring and the girls pooped green for a few days, so I used the food coloring a little more sparingly.  I colored the sugar green for their cereal this morning and then for dinner we had green juice, green pancakes and green eggs.  Shelby asked if she would turn green tomorrow. (We have been reading "Pinkalicious" ALOT this week where a little girl turns pink after eating too many pink cupcakes).  Anyways..a fun day and the girls are already talking about what kind of green food they get to eat next Saints Patricks Day. :)

No comments: