Friday, April 23, 2010

Grandpa Great

My girls love to go see Grandpa Great (we also call him Grandpa Waynard)...he always has lots of candy and he has a neat play ground they can play in.  While I was visiting with Mom...I could hear Shelby giggling.  I went to check it out and saw her sitting on grandpa's lap.  They were telling each other silly stories, and laughing and eating candy.  Shelby was in heaven!  I love my dear Grandpa...I am so glad I went to college not to far from Moab, and I am glad for the special one on one time I got to spend with my grandparents.  We hiked together, spent hours into the early morning dubbing music to tapes, I got to cook and sew with my grandma...but mostly, I loved to just visit and talk to them.  They always knew what to say and I always got done with my visits wanting to be a better person, probably because I didn't ever want to dissapoint them!  I am so grateful we are a forever family.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I didn't know that you went to college down there too - that's so neat you were by both of your grandparents during your college times. Must mean you have a lot of cherished memories and extra love