Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day 2011

This morning, before the girls got up, I mixed some green food coloring into the milk so when they had their cereal, it got to be green. Karlee was excited to see the milk...but of course, Shelby wasn't. She explained that if she doesn't like to even wear green, she REALLY doesn't like to eat green things that shouldn't be green. She went on to comment, "Great, my poop is going to be green too, huh?" I explained to her that this was fun and she needed to enjoy it...

While they were eating, I got out their green shirts. Shelby explained that she doesn't feel beautiful in green, but when I showed her that the shirt had a little sparkle and bling to it...she said it will do.

Karlee was excited to wear green today and see if her friends were wearing green. When she got home, I asked if they did any fun things today. She said that a Leprechaun named Rumpelstiltskin came and "trashed" their classroom. She really didn't explain to me how the room was trashed, but it sounded more like it was funny, and not a bad thing. I asked where this Leprechaun was from and she told me he came from the magical land of Maryland. I asked her if they had any green food for lunch, and she said they had some healthy food that was green, but of course she didn't eat that.

For dinner, we had chicken alfredo and I only made the noodles green...I could tell Shelby was almost pushed over the edge in regards to green by dinnertime.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

oh, Shelby. She's such a hoot. What cute girls and what a fun mom you are!

Jeanne Alley said...

Great that you carried out our Irish family heritage by taking so much time with your precious girls. Leave it up to Shelby to "follow the green to the end" over drinking green milk. Her Grandma Jensen told me it took quite a lot of persuasion to get her to wear green instead of her favorite pink. Karlee's excitement and report of the Leprechaun's visit to her classroom was hilarious as was all of her details of the day. How great to hear of the fun day. Love to all.

Kariesa said...

Thanks for sharing, Jared and I were laughing pretty hard!