Sunday, January 8, 2012

Some things I am working on...

My goal is to update my blog once a week...but when I was thinking about the things we did this week, I realized just getting back on schedule after winter break and having to adjust to waking up at the 6:00 a.m. alarm, having homework, church meetings etc...we didn't do too much else!  We were all so glad for Friday to hit and I think we all went to bed a bit early that night.  We did get a few things done on Saturday...but as of yet, Christmas is still not all put up.  Sunday isn't over yet though...I have a pretty good feeling it will get done tonight!
One of my other goals is to work at least 30 min every night after the girls are in bed on some of my unfinished projects and patterns I am working on.  Here are a few of my projects!
 This pillow was not really a project, but I wanted to use a quilting technique on another project that I haven't really used before, so this was a practice run.  It turned out better then I thought so I made a pillow out of it.  I quilted some fabric for the back and it ended up being a cute little pillow.  Not really my colors...so its up for grabs!
 A new pattern I am working on for The Heart and Home co are some quick and easy baby blankets made from charm squares.  I made a girl and boy version.  I added ricrac for the boys and after they are quilted I will add yoyo's to the girls.  Hopefully by next week they will be quilted!  Need to get a new pattern out!
This last one is a project I started when someone (since it has been so long ago can't remember who) was having a baby girl.  Finished piecing it and hope to have it quilted soon as well.  Maybe I will be ready for when someone is having a baby girl the next time.  ;)

2 comments:

Jeanne Alley said...

Keep up the good work. I truly rely on and look forward to the blogg up-dates.
Grandma Alley

Jenna said...

wonderful! I love that you are sharing some pictures of your magic! I'm hoping to do a table runner sometime soon! Have had the squares for over a year, maybe two now - need to go get a little more fabric I think. wish you were close to help me!