Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yay for being a girl!

 Last Monday, since it was MLK Day, we got to have a day off from school.  This always makes it a good day...especially when it is a monday and no alarms needed to be set!  So the girls and I had a beauty day.  We soaked our feet and hands, scrubbed them good and polished are toes.  I love spending this time with the girls.  It is so much fun to hear their stories, telling me about what is going on in their lives (Which is actually quite a lot!) and just laughing.

Some funny things the girls have said this week...
*Shelby was having a hard time putting on her tights and couldn't get them up over her knees.  She lamented that she looked like a penguin, took off the tights and threw them at Karlee.  Karlee then said, "You better stop whining Shelby or you will get your tight wearing priviledges taken away!"  I had to laugh...because I have NEVER thought wearing tights were a privilige!
*I was cooking dinner and things got a little smoky.  Shelby came in and said, "Mom, I learned all about fire safety in school, do you need some help in here?"
*Shelby said at the dinner table, "I learned at school it is never okay to eat humans."

Finished one quilt completely and will be putting up the boy version to quilt this week.  That one will go a bit faster.  The extra hand sewing with the yoyo's took a bit longer with this quilt.  Now to just think up a name for this pattern?!?

I got an email from my distributor and she said stores were asking for new Seasons in Patches patterns, so I am going to focus on getting some spring ones done this week.  Have the designs done...just the construction part to do.  Luckily these little quilts come together so quick!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

haha! love love love the quotes! the pattern is great too!

Jeanne Alley said...

The descriptions by the girls: Karlee a privilege to wear tights and Shelby giving up on hers because of "looking like a penguin" in them plus Shelby's fire safety and never okay to eat humans that she had learned in school had me sitting at my computer actually laughing aloud.
Certainly never a dull moment at your house--thanks for sharing.